Tuesday 19 January 2016

First Solo Show

First Solo Show

4 years of work, 1 year prep, 60 images, 26 models, 15 designers, 12 make-up artists, 8 stylists, 8 assistants, 5 agencies, 5 boutiques, 2 hair stylists and 1 photographer! It's amazing how quickly things pass by, the exhibition is over and it was great fun! Thank you to everyone who was involved in creating the images, helping me set up the exhibition and also everyone who came down to visit us at the gallery!

I first started framing the images as previously mentioned, about a year ago. Collecting frames and getting prints made over the months I quickly realised that 20 or so wouldn't be enough haha, deciding what images to display was definitely the hardest part!



During the process of framing I decided to create a booklet, this would serve as a guide to the exhibition that would detail those involved in the creation of each image as well as displaying their chronological order.



After doing some research I decided to display my work at Gallery40 in Brighton. With a little help from my friends and family I got the images up on the walls in a couple of days ready for the opening night and week long show!



And with that, a week later it was time to take down the frames and drive them back home! It was such a lovely experience and if you are planning on putting on a show yourself I couldn't recommend Gallery40 more! And as a lovely surprise for the last day the Brighton based news paper The Argus printed a little article promoting the closing night, so thank you to them too! :D 



Although the exhibition is over it's my no means the end! It's time to shoot new work and build a bigger portfolio! Also I am working on opening a little shop for my website where I will be selling the books, prints and postcards that I make! You can pop on over to www.tomsimmonds.com and follow the shop link or head on over to my etsy page! This is what my shop would look like if it wasn't virtual haha. I'll be going into more detail about this in a future post so keep your eyes peeled! :)


2 comments: