Sunday 17 November 2013

Fashion on Fashion Street and Quiescent Magazine

Fashion on Fashion Street

A few days ago I saw a tweet by stylist Anastasia Gheorghe, I wasn't sure what she was looking for in particular but as it had been a couple of months since I had done a shoot and everything I'm planning is still... being planned. So I thought I'd drop her an email and see what the project was about. 


As it turned out she was looking for a photographer to help out with a grunge style editorial set in front of some of the fantastic graffiti around the Brick Lane area for her university project, and for a magazine. So of course I agreed! :D

After a bunch of arranging with agencies we eventually got the team together along with the co-stylist, make-up artist and models. I made my way to London on Tuesday to our meeting place, Istituto Marangoni where Anastasia and Shirly (the other stylist) are studying. Being a big old nerd myself stepping into that place was like going to another planet solely inhabited by attractive 20-something women, a lovely place haha!



Photo by Anastasia
Once everyone had arrived the make-up artist Molly got to work getting our models Ariel and Faye ready for shooting! And Anastasia and Shirly started putting the looks together.




We shot four looks in all with the last being shot in the dark, which was a pretty new experience for me, and the results are really cool! I'm eager to get started on the editing! But for now here is a back of camera preview, some more behind the scenes snaps and a Polaroid of one of the looks. :)





Photo by Anastasia
Models: Ariel at Leni's Model Management | Faye at Body London
Styling: Anastasia Gheorghe and Shirly Piperno
Make-up: Mollie-Anne
Photography: Thomas Cole Simmonds


Quiescent Magazine

A couple of weeks back marked the release of Volume 2 Issue 2 of the fantastic Quiescent Magazine featuring a little selection of my photos that met with the issues theme. You can see me on pages 90-93. :)



You can read the issue online here, and purchase it here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment